Storee Construction Co. is recruiting for a full-time CAD Technician. This position is responsible for assisting Project Engineering with the completion of duties assigned to the Storee Project Engineering Department.
- Works with CAD systems creating, modifying, checking, and releasing drawings and other documents under direct supervision of a supervisor for use by other departments and clients.
- Works closely with all departments to ensure that the drawings convey the correct information.
- Self-checks own work for completeness, accuracy, meeting standards, and fits.
- May be responsible for some design elements.
- Works from drawings, sketches, scanned images, customer drawings, or specifications.
- Uses the accepted drawing standards as guidelines.
- Follows policies and procedures of the company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Degree from a recognized CAD training facility and 2 years of experience, or
- 4-6 years of experience in the following CAD systems:
- AutoCAD – 2D basic layout and miscellaneous drawing skills required.
- Inventor – 3D sheet metal / machine design / assembly skills required.
- Revit – 3D construction modeling and phasing skills required.
- Advanced Steel – 3D structural fabrication modeling and detailing skills preferred.
- High School / GED is required, 2 or 4 year degree preferred.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook computer software is required.
- Industrial or commercial construction experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and SharePoint is preferred.
- Ability to listen, take notes, and follow detailed directions from a supervisor.
- Interact effectively with co-workers, clients, and vendors to achieve positive project results.
- Comprehend and comply with posted rules and procedures.
- Communicate effectively both in written and oral format utilizing good grammar.
- Ability to utilize strong math, mechanical, and analytical thinking skills and perform basic calculations for general problem solving.
- Complete work neatly with the ability to self-review for detailed accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and maintain organization while working on multiple projects simultaneously to complete projects within stated timelines.
- Perform site visits to evaluate, visualize, hand sketch, document, and accurately communicate field conditions and items to be fabricated.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, architectural, and engineering drawings.
- Basic understanding of industrial materials, fabrication, and welding processes required.
- Excellent orthographic projection and drawing layout skills required.
- Prior structural detailing, part detailing, and sheet metal design experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of geometric tolerancing preferred.
- Competitive Wages
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacations Based on Length of Employment
Storee is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or veteran status.