Process Support Specialist
Position Summary: The full-time Process Support Specialist will assist with documentation, training and user support for custom SharePoint computer applications facilitating company processes and procedures. This position provides internal employee support for maximum user acceptance of new software as well as additional IT-related support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists SharePoint and Project Administrator with assigned tasks to implement custom SharePoint software solutions.
- Assists SharePoint and Project Administrator with user management including user setup, permissions, and table updates.
- Understands company processes and procedures and how those functions are becoming more automated through the implementation of custom SharePoint software.
- Creates technically accurate software training instructions for specific groups of users based on how they will use the custom
- SharePoint software for their defined role within the company; updates and improves training instructions with corrections.
- Becomes resident knowledge expert on company’s custom SharePoint software and technology to effectively train and answer questions from non-technical users.
- Trains internal users from all roles and technical skill levels within the company to ensure the custom SharePoint software is used with accuracy to facilitate positive and efficient adoption and use of the software implementation.
- Trains external users, such as architects, sub/suppliers, engineers, and clients, on SharePoint.
- Collects and documents feedback, concerns and requests from non-technical users to improve training documentation and identify future possible service enhancements.
- Acts as a liaison between user and technical support/SharePoint Administrator to explain and answer software and technology end-user questions and concerns; understands in which scenarios to route to the appropriate resolution resource team.
- Accurately documents troubleshooting resolutions and setup instructions.
- Provides onboarding, training, ongoing coaching, assistance and notification of software improvements to users ensuring efficient and proper use of company software programs and processes.
- Participates in change management for custom SharePoint solutions which will require updated documentation and training on enhancements and corrections.
- Assists with Help Desk to install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot and train end user workstation hardware, networked devices, mobile devices, communication systems and software.
- Performs analysis diagnosis and resolution of technology programs over the phone, in person or remotely.
- Receives and responds to incoming calls and emails regarding hardware and software problems.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voicemail, email or in-person communication.
- Maintains hardware and software inventory, assignment and license information.
- Follows policies and procedures of the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- This position will perform work in an office environment free from any disagreeable elements.
- This position will occasionally visit field locations.
- This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE ABILITY TO:
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as long as the accommodations do not to cause the company undue hardship.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, stoop, crouch, and/or climb about the facility.
- Typically is scheduled to work Storee standard work hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Mondays through Friday, and works out of ordinary hours as directed on occasion which may include some weekend work. Note: Position may be required to work overtime.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Effective training material preparation and presentation.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
- Develops thorough and accurate documentation for end-users.
- Follows directions from a supervisor.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with co-workers and management.
- Comprehends and complies with posted rules and procedures.
- Communicates effectively both in written format and oral format.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills to generate and evaluate solutions; actively participate in problem solving.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and remain on task.
- Strong team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Multi-tasks and establish priorities.
- Ability to quickly assess and respectfully address non-technical user’s grasp of skills and train to each user’s strengths for a positive training experience.
- Technical capacity.
- Maintains organization in a changing environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems, mobile operating systems, and computer hardware.
- Two years of customer and computer support work experience, including support and administration of:
- Office 365
- Minimum of Associates Degree with a technical major required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with technical writing and editing, including creating and updating technical training materials.
- Experience working with a combination of technical and non-technical users.
- Experience assisting with company-wide software implementation.