Conveyor System Installation
Installing a belt conveyor system is an efficient way to move materials from one area of a facility to another. These smooth-running conveyor systems are at the forefront of materials handling.
Whether your business is soda pop or ships, oil or ore, installing a belt conveyor system keeps your plant’s productivity moving and rolling on down the line.
The success of belt conveyors relies on careful planning, expert installation, and regular maintenance. Storee Construction designs, installs, and repairs conveyor systems all over the Midwest in Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, Oklahoma and beyond.
A HISTORY OF SUCCESS
Since 1966, Storee has worked in commercial construction, focusing on industrial plants and factories and their various needs, such as conveyor system installation, customization, and maintenance.
Modern material handling systems debuted in the late 1800s, giving coal miners a less labor-intensive way to move ore. By 1913, conveyors found their calling when Henry Ford used them to create the modern manufacturing production line.
Manufacturing is the backbone of the Midwest. We’re proud to contribute to the success of industries in our region.
Today, the combination of belt conveyors, computers and robots are the ultimate in automation and efficiency. Storee is at the forefront of providing modern conveyor installation services to our industrial partners.
CORE STRENGTHS OF CONVEYORS
There are many diverse applications for conveyor systems. As manufacturing, distribution and production automation evolves, the need for conveyor installation will very likely increase. At their core, these material handling systems deliver three essential benefits.
It doesn’t matter if the conveyor system is complicated or simple, here’s what well-designed belt conveyors installed by experts can do for your business:
- Save Space: Conveyor systems make the most efficient use of factory facility space. Industrial plants often install a belt conveyor system when production expands or changes, which can sometimes eliminate the need for relocation. A customized conveyor or system of conveyors can twist and turn, travel over several floors, incline or decline, and work in multiple lines and tiers. Installing an overhead conveyor will take advantage of space above the floor that might otherwise go unused.
- Save Time: When an employee handles an item or material, the result is slower production, which everyone agrees is bad for business. Installing a conveyor or entire system of conveyors speeds throughput by keeping materials moving, which reduces the need for manual handling tasks. With the right customized design, a belt conveyor system can decrease the number of touches by employees and potentially reduce labor for your employees, as well as increase productivity.
- Save Money: Installing a conveyor can save space and time, which equates to saving money. If you use space efficiently, you can expand your plant operations without relocating. With faster production, you can take on more work and explore more manufacturing opportunities. The efficiency of belt conveyors may reduce the cost of maintenance, energy, and equipment.
WHEN IS IT TIME TO UPGRADE A CONVEYOR SYSTEM?
Slow systems can hurt production. Slow systems also increase costs, delay shipments and endanger deadlines. Conveyor system breakdowns halt work and may throw a wrench into your customer relationships.
Improving your facility by upgrading or replacing your conveyor enhances processes and saves money. With increased productivity, you could quickly recover your investment and improve your company’s bottom line.
Whether you want to reconfigure equipment or install an automated materials handling system, you need an experienced conveyor services contractor.
MOVE FORWARD WITH A MIDWEST INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTOR
Storee Construction has extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and conveyor systems. We’ll work with you to minimize workflow disruptions, respecting your deadline schedules and site requirements.
Upgrading a facility or plant creates the risk of contamination. Dust, debris, and sparks threaten your products during the upgrade construction. Our crew will install temporary walls and barriers to seal construction zones.
In many cases, your facility can continue normal work site operations as our team completes your conveyor installation or conveyor upgrade. Even in food plants, where sanitation is critical, we can control the potential hazards of construction during upgrades or repairs.
We’re committed to keeping your people, property, and products safe.
FULL-SERVICE CONVEYOR INSTALLATION AND REPAIR
Storee provides a full range of comprehensive conveyor services. We offer complete conveyor installation, upgrade, and repair, including the following:
- Palletizer and depalletizer
- Wire mesh belt
- Cleated belt
- Chain driven
- V Belt
- Line shaft
- Power and free
- Table top
Storee’s metal fabrication team can customize the components and design of your conveyor. Certified welders join existing conveyor systems with new ones. They’ll install new conveyor connections that provide a smooth transition from existing to new equipment.
CUSTOM GUARDING PREVENTS MANUFACTURING ACCIDENTS
We also fabricate conveyor guarding for improved safety. Our team can further enhance worker safety with custom fitted platforms, walkways and crossovers. These customized conveyor guards allow access to production lines and material handling systems while protecting employees from hazards and accidents.
Building and facility personnel safety installations include equipment guarding, personnel guarding, forklift guarding, safety bollards, traffic sensors, and safety lighting. We address all the safety needs of a heavy industrial facility.
The Storee team monitors and troubleshoots elevation points, pinch points, control points, roadblocks, obstructions, aisle clearance, production flow, service capacity, and maintenance access.
With more efficient and safer plant design, you can reduce the risk of equipment damage such as forklift accidents, on-the-job injuries, and other costly hazards.
SUPPORT THAT CAN HANDLE THE LOAD
The experts at Storee analyze your building’s structural constraints. We’ll make sure your facility can handle the added load of a conveyor system or an expanded conveyor system.
For example, before installing an overhead, underground or floor-level conveyor, our team determines the strength of the structural support in your plant. If needed, we’ll recommend modifications to strengthen walls, floors, and ceilings.
Structural improvements also lead to removing obstacles. For example, while modifying a facility with structural upgrades, we can redesign facility layout to speed traffic flow, improve safety, and create more open space for materials handling.
IMPROVED PRODUCTIVITY IS AUTOMATIC
After conveyor installation, Storee electrical and mechanical services teams will add automation technology to the new conveyor systems. They will :
- Automate systems with electrical controls and programming
- Improve energy efficiency and usage
- Enhance automated controls for optimization of storage, manufacturing, and distribution
We provide industrial conveyor installation services for any project scope. We can install a single specialized belt conveyor or redesign your entire conveyor system. We’ll work with you to find the most efficient solutions that move materials and products through production and distribution.
Storee works with some of the largest production facilities in the Midwest, and we’re ready to help you create a more efficient facility.
The following examples include just a few examples of our conveyor installation work:
- High-speed robotic systems
- Multi-level conveying equipment
- Multiple task production lines
- Close tolerance equipment
- Pallet handling systems
Let’s Work Together to Keep Midwest Manufacturing Strong
Storee Construction installs, upgrades, and maintains automated conveyor systems that take raw products to finished goods. We also offer preventive maintenance programs to protect your business from the losses of breakdowns.